Your Feel-Good Playlist for Those Tough Nursing Days
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” — Bob Marley
Bob Marley was on to something. Music can be effective as a non-pharmacologic pain intervention. It can also decrease anxiety and improve mood. Research suggests that dopaminergic pleasure centers of the brain are trigged as we listen to music, and that music can induce euphoria.
So if you’ve had one of those terrible days — the kind for the record books — delving into a happy playlist can transport you to a blissful, stress-free zone. Give these songs a try. Some have beautiful melodies, some have uplifting lyrics, some have a beat that makes you feel fearless.
- What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong
- Titanium, I Am
- Three Little Birds, Bob Marley
- Hey Jude, The Beatles
- Stand, Smash Soundtrack
- Don’t Rain On My Parade, Funny Girl
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World, Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
- Hold On, The Secret Garden – Original Broadway Cast
- Free Fallin’, Tom Petty
- We Are The Champions, Queen
- Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me, George Michael and Elton John
What songs help lift your spirits? What do you listen to after a bad day to feel better?